Monday, June 26, 2006

Back in Action!!

OK, so I got a blog ages ago when my sister, Sarah, really started getting into hers but I really haven't posted anything at all. Three words, that's it. Anyways, now that the summer is in full swing and I am off in the middle of nowhere working (I'll get to that sometime in the future) I guess I get bored, so here I am.
So I suppose the other reason I am writing here is that I got a new car. It's probably very cliche for a guy to make a first post with typical guy in car pictures, but we've already been over the point that this is, in fact, my second post. So there. Anyways, I inherited my dad's red 1992 Saab 900 2 door hatchback in 2003 when I went away for my senior year of college.


At that point it had about 146,000 miles on it, and it was still going. My friends at a Boy Scout camp where I went for 5 years and then worked for 6 after that affectionately named it the yuppi Nazi mobile, or YNM for short. It was only after that that they found out that Saab is a Swedish company, not German, but the name stuck. It's now up to 167k or so, including making a 1200 mile trip half way across the country from NY to MN, where I currently live. I've been putting money into the YNM here and there for the past several years, and about this time last year I decided to put a limit on my repairs: Anything requiring over 400-500 dollars in repairs would be cause for a new car. So a year went by and then I took it in for a new battery and oil change, at which point I was informed that my axle boots were worn to nothing and once I started hearing noises when I turn I have about 10 hours of driving time before my car could potentially fall apart doing 70mph. Of course, this could be fixed for 385 dollars....for the drivers side. The passenger side would be another 350. Poor YNM. So I had to hunt for a car. I was hoping for more notice than 10 hours. After a few test drives and visits with typical care salesmen, I settled on a Honda CRV. Color? Black, of course. Sadly I cleaned out the YNM. It was a good car.




1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Nice car! It looks more your size...

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home