Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July. To celebrate my girlfriend, Becky, and I went to see Dave Matthews Band on Sunday at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, Wi. It's about a 5 hour drive or so from St Paul, but well worth it. Even the 2 and a half hour wait to get out of the horribly organized parking lot after the show was worth it. This picture is actually from last year's concert (which we went to as well).

If you read about the concert people say that the setlist was awesome (it was). You can go here for the setlist. Actually, if you want to, you can even download the concert (it's legal, Dave's cool like that)...It's a torrent in FLAC, a lossless file format, but you can play it in WinAmp if you download the right plugin. The show is about a gig, and I'm not about to become tech support for FLAC or for torrents, so please try to figure it out on your own. Start with reading about it. Not like anybody will read this and actually want to download the concert, but it was pretty kickass so just in case...

Random thought of the day: Maybe I'll come up with a little graphic or something for each random thought of the day that I post. Oh, just FYI they won't be everyday. Thought of the day sounds good, and I won't make it thought of the week so I can give myself room to put up more than 1 a week. Anyways, here's today's. Avoid wild parsnip. (Pastinaca sativa) It's this nasty plant that has juices that cause photodermatitis. If you cut these guys down in the dark and got the juices all over you nothing would happen...until you went in the sun. Basically the chemicals make your skin less resistant to UV rays, so you get a really nasty 2nd degree sunburn wherever the juices got you. Though instead of being tanned after it goes away, mine looks like it's going to turn into a pretty nasty scar (cool!), so I don't suggust dousing yourself in it for a quick solution to pasty whiteness. In my particular case, I thought I had a mosquito bite under my watch band, so I didn't wear it it for a few days. Two days later I got a sweet lookin blister bubbling up, and it felt like a burn, which clued me into the parsnip. Don't even remember touching it. But anyways, avoid it if you can. Longwinded thought....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home